POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll – Stone, Hanson, Mutchler, and Palmer were present. Van Schoyck-Teeter, Koopmans and Shappell were unable to attend.
Certification of Proper Notice - Noticed
Introduction of guest(s) - None
Public Comments - None
Adoption of Agenda – Motion to adopt by Hanson/Mutchler. MC.
Approval of Minutes from March 14, 2017 – Motion by Palmer/Stone to accept. MC.
Treasurer’s Report – no activity this month per Treasurer Stone.
Current Budget Review presented as printed.
Director’s Report – Director Ganz commented on her report.
Updates on Village Meetings – No report. This is Van Schoyck-Teeter’s last meeting as board member.
Friends of the Library Report – The Friends are going to buy @ $200 worth of nonfiction books for the children’s library.
- Approval of Vouchers for library – Hanson/Palmer motion to approve all vouchers. MC
- Strategic Plan update – Presentations will be in the afternoon of April 19 and the evening of May 16.
- Discuss/Consider Endowment/Foundation Policy. Revised new policy presented for approval.Motion by Stone/Hanson to accept.MC.
- Discuss/ Consider separate banking account for the library – tabled until May meeting.
- Discuss/ Consider compensation/benefits for part time workers for 2017 – A motion by Stone/Palmer to approve longevity pay to permanent part time library employees per the village handbook Section 311. MC.
- Discuss/ Consider carryover spending – Discussion will resume at May meeting. Expected amount is $43,992.25.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, May 9, 2017. Items 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7.
Adjournment at 7:42 PM.