AT POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call at 7:10 PM. Present were Stone, Hanson, Mutchler, Fiore, Kelly Palmer, Shappell (came later), and Director Ganz. Koopmans was not at the meeting.
Certification of Proper Notice - yes
Introduction of guest(s) – none
Public Comments - none
Adoption of Agenda: Motion by Hanson/Mutchler to adopt. MC.
Approval of Minutes from July 11, 2017: Motion by Palmer/Mutchler to approve with changes to the amount of the bid to $1800 and adding shades. MC.
Treasurer’s Report: Statement not yet arrived so balance remains same as last month.
Current Budget Review as printed. Budget is on schedule to date. The village will cover the cost of the new awning installed on the library building.
Director’s Report as printed
Updates on Village Meetings: Fiore presented that the Village trustee education meeting is coming up. They are getting an intern trainee for grant writing. The board is considering a questionnaire to be mailed with the tax bill.
Friends of the Library Report – The Friends will be paying for 2 elementary library book subscriptions for the year. Lora Broadhurst is working on scrapbook reorganization for the group.
Budget Committee Report – Nothing to report yet.
- Approval of Vouchers for library.Motion by Shappell/Hanson to approve.MC.
- Discuss/Consider carryover spending – The committee is working on purchasing shades and furniture from the account.
- Discuss/ Consider approval of Resolution to authorize transfer of funds.Table to September meeting.
- Convene into closed session per Wi Statute 19.85(1)(c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility: Convened at 6:44.This will be extended a few weeks.All evals should be returned to the board president.
- Return to open session.Motion to return to Open session by Shappell/Fiore.MC. at 7:01
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, September 12, 2017.
Adjournment at 7:14
Claudine Hanson, recorder