POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, December 8, 2020, at 6:00 pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call - The meeting was called to order at 6:04 PM by President Jason Koopmans. Attending the meeting were Board Members Jason Koopmans, Linda Ross, David Tessmer, and Meghan Visger. Matt Shappell and Darcy Miller were attending virtually. Library Director Jodi Bailey was also present. Board Members Steve Mueller and Ashley Zembrycki were unable to attend.
Certification of Proper Notice – Yes
Guests are Welcome to Attend - No Guests in attendance.
Public Comments - No comments.
Adoption of Agenda - A motion to adopt the agenda was made by Visger, seconded by Ross; Motion carried.
Approval of Minutes from December 10, 2020 Meeting - A motion to adopt the November meeting minutes was made by Ross, seconded by Shappell; Motion carried.
Trustee Training - No Trustee Training for December.
Treasure’s Report Presented by L. Ross - The library checking account at Hometown Bank has a balance of $4,595.40 as of November 30, 2020. The SCLS Foundation account has a balance of $1,708.51 as of October 31, 2020.
Current Budget Review - Director Bailey presented the budget. Bailey noted that maintenance supply expenses are higher than predicted. The Routes to Recovery Grant the Village is receiving will help cover the costs of the PPE purchased and should be arriving before the end of the year.
Director’s Report - The re-grading/paving of the outdoor area was completed in November and Falk Trucking took $600 off the invoice as a donation to the library. Director Bailey worked with General Engineering on the ALA grant, “Libraries Transforming Communities” in hopes to obtain some funding toward continued improvement of the Library’s outdoor area. Due to Gov. Evers issued Executive Order 95, the library changed its service model to offer Curbside Service and limited Business Services by appointment beginning November 30th. There were 47 Curbside pick-up appointments scheduled by patrons from 11/01-11/30. Katy Hanousek continued the Story Windows program and created a Thanksgiving Guessing Jar. She is also working on the Winter Reading Program, utilizing the online program Beanstack. It will run from December 20 - January 31st. The Community Scavenger Hunt was well received with 14 local business partners and 33 patrons participating. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be driving through town on a fire truck on December 12. The Friends of the Library are donating Christmas books in December to children up to age 12.
Village Meeting - The next Village Meeting will be held on Monday, December 14th.
Friends of the Library Meeting - There was no meeting in December.
1. Discuss/Approval of vouchers for Library - A motion to approve the November vouchers was made by Shappell, seconded by Koopmans; Motion carried.
2. Discuss “Eva Day” to be held Tuesday, December 15th - To celebrate Eva’s 18 years of service and retirement, “Eva Day” will be held at the library on December 15th. There will be a basket for cards. For safety, social distancing and capacity will be monitored and there will be no food or refreshments shared.
3. Discuss/Consider adoption of new Volunteer Policy - In the “New Director” class that Director Bailey is taking, it was recommended was having a volunteer policy. Director Bailey created one for the volunteers to sign. Volunteers that are under 18 will need a parent’s signature. The library is very appreciative of its volunteers, but having this protection of the library is appropriate. There were a few suggested edits for Director Bailey to make on the waiver form.
4. Discuss Library 2021 closed dates/calendar - The new calendar was created for SCLS.
5. Discuss / Consider the purchase of LED light bulbs in 2020 with Contingency funds – This was tabled until Mueller could share the prices for the new bulbs from the vendors.
6. Discuss Agenda items for the next meeting on January 12, 2021 -Business Agenda items 1, 3, 5, and 6 will carry over, the action calendar will be added, as well as any items that may arise in the meantime.
Adjournment - Meeting adjourned at 6:49 PM.
Respectively submitted by Meghan Visger.