POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, January 12, 2021, at 6:00 pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call - The meeting was called to order at 6:02 PM by President Jason Koopmans.
Attending the meeting were Board Members Jason Koopmans, Ashley Zembrycki, Steve Mueller, Darcy Miller, and Meghan Visger. David Tessmer and Linda Ross were attending virtually. Library Director Jodi Bailey was also present. Board Member Matt Shappell was unable to attend.
Certification of Proper Notice - Yes
Guests are Welcome to Attend - No Guests in attendance.
Public Comments - No comments.
Adoption of Agenda - A motion to adopt the agenda was made by Ross, seconded by Miller; Motion carried.
Approval of Minutes from December 10, 2020 Meeting - A motion to adopt the December meeting minutes was made by Miller, seconded by Koopmans; Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report Presented by Director Jodi Bailey - The library checking account at Hometown Bank has a balance of $4,595.40 as of December 31, 2020. The SCLS Foundation account has a balance of $1,888.28 as of December 31, 2020.
Current Budget Review - Director Bailey presented the budget. The Recovery Grant the Village received to help cover the costs of the PPE arrived and totaled $5,110.73. The library also generously received $15,060.11 in donations for the year 2020.
Director’s Report - There were 169 Curbside pick-ups in December. The Overdrive circulation and Ancestry usage continues to increase. The library transitioned to Curbside and limited business services for two weeks when the Poynette School District went to all virtual learning. “Eva Day” on
December 15th was a successful celebration of Eva’s service and her retirement. A new bookcase is being purchased with a donation to the Friends of the Poynette Library. Santa and Mrs. Claus rode through the Village on December 19th. The Poynette Police and Fire Department were crucial in making this event successful and we are very thankful for their time and participation. The Winter Reading Program has begun and there are several local gift bags for the lucky prize winners. All staff continue to complete phishing/computer safety training modules required by SCLS. Director Bailey completed her 3rd course (Advance Public Library Administration) toward her Grade 2 Public Library Director certification.
Village Meeting - Board Member, Steve Mueller, shared that there is a move towards energy efficiency.
Friends of the Library Report - Director Bailey shared that donations were going to be used to build a new custom bookshelf.
1. Discuss/Approval of vouchers for Library - A motion to approve the December vouchers was made by Mueller, seconded by Miller; Motion carried.
2. Preparing for Director’s Annual Performance Evaluation - President Jason Koopmans will get the official document for Board Members. The rating will be “Meets/Does Not Meet” with an area for comments. Board Members will each fill out the document before the next meeting in February.
3. Discuss/ Consider adoption of new Volunteer Policy - This was tabled until next month’s meeting.
4. Discuss / Consider the purchase of LED light bulbs - With leftover funds Director Bailey ordered LED bulbs for the library. Mueller is going to give some contractor names to Director Bailey and she will contact them to begin getting some bids.
5. Discuss Agenda items for the next meeting on February 9, 2021 - Business Agenda items 1, 3, and 4, will carry over, there will also be a closed session for the Director evaluation, the board will review and adopt the annual report, the strategic plan, as well as any items that may arise in the meantime.
Adjournment - Meeting adjourned at 6:49 PM.
Respectively submitted by Meghan Visger.