POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 6:03 P.M. by President Jason Koopmans. Attending the meeting were Board Members Jason Koopmans, Jeanne Mutchler, Caryn Stone, Linda Ross, Matt Shappell, Ashley Zembrycki, Meghan Visger and Steve Mueller. New Library Director Jodi Bailey was present.
Certification of Proper Notice – Yes
Introduction of guest(s) – None
Introduction of New Director – Koopmans introduced Jodi Bailey as the new Director of the Poynette Area Library. Ms. Bailey stated her first weeks were a bit of a whirlwind, and that the staff has been good at assisting her and it’s been good to renew acquaintances with the patrons.
Public Comments – None
Adoption of Agenda – Motion to adopt the agenda by Shappell, seconded by Mutchler: Motion Carried.
Approval of Minutes from December 10, 2019 – Motion to approve the minutes from the December meeting by Ross, seconded by Mutchler. Motion Carried
Trustee Training –tabled for February
Treasurer’s Report – The Hometown Bank Account has a balance (as of Dec. 31, 2019) of $4,058.07 and the SCLS Foundation balance (as of Dec.31, 2019) is $1,755.17.
Current Budget Review –No comments or questions.
Director’s Report – As attached and reviewed by Ms. Bailey. The number of WiFi users (739) is low because of the way Bibliovation tracks users. Also need to add the $86 VISA bill to Voucher review.
Updates on Village Meetings – Mr. Mueller said there isn’t much he can report on but there is something to look forward to. Ms. Bailey went to Village of Arlington meeting last night. The Village is talking about buying the old Arlington School.
Friends of the Library Report – Ms. Bailey went to the Friends Meeting. The Annual meeting is scheduled for April 20th; they’ve contacted author Chloe Benjamin to speak; and they offered to pay for some magazines and games. Ms. Bailey will talk with staff for suggestions. The Winter Carnival was discussed, Ms. Bailey wants it to be a literacy event and would like to see it be held at the Library. She also wants every child to leave with a book in their hands.
1. Discuss/Approval of vouchers for Library – Motion by Shappel to approve the vouchers with the addition of the VISA; seconded by Zembrycki: Motion Carried.
2. Review Strategic Plan and progress toward goal – It was decided that the Board should set up a committee to assist with the work on the Plan. Mutchler, Visger, Bailey, and Koopmans volunteered to be on the Committee.
3. Discuss and consider investment options – The Board discussed options for using the Hometown Bank and SCLS Foundation accounts. Perhaps establish a high water mark at which we might move funds to the SCLS Foundation account with a review two times a year and move funds as needed. January and June would be good times to do that. Because there are some grading issues with neighbor and we would like whatever we do in our back area to be compatible. Funds that were designated for that effort will be deferred until summer.
4. Review terms of Library Board Trustees – Mutchler is only one to expire in 2020, she intends to resign.
5. Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, February 11, 2020 – 1, 2, 5, and Annual review, policy review and other items as needed.
Adjournment at 6:40 PM
Respectfully Submitted by Caryn Stone