POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call: Present were Koopmans, Hanson, Palmer, and Mutchler. Shappell, Stone and Van Schoyck-Teeter were unable to attend the meeting.
Certification of Proper Notice: Yes
Introduction of guest(s): None in attendance
Public Comments: None
Adoption of Agenda: Motion to approve agenda by Hanson/Koopmans. MC.
Approval of Minutes from December 13, 2016: Motion to approve December minutes by Palmer/Mutchler. MC.
Treasurer’s Report: $282 was sent to the Foundation from donations made the past month.
Current Budget Review: There will be a small carryover. We were within 5% of the budget for the year.
Director’s Report: Lindsay feels we had very good participation in the programs for the year.
Updates on Village Meetings: Neither Lindsay nor Jenny Van Schoyck Teeter were able to attend to the December meeting. Lindsay will be at the January meeting.
Friends of the Library Report: The library was closed due to the holiday when the Friends should have met.
- Approval of Vouchers for library. Motion to approve vouchers by Hanson/Koopmans.MC.
- Strategic Plan update. Tabled until February.
- Discuss/ Consider Endowment/ Foundation Policy.Tabled until February.The policy will be covered in segments, possibly in multiple meetings.
- Discuss/ Consider separate banking account for the library.Some discussion was held on topic.Decision will be made in February.
- Discuss/ Consider benefits for part time workers for 2017.This is for our part time workers under 25 hours per week.We are considering any such employee meeting this criteria would receive 8 hours vacation compensation after one year of employment and 16 hours after three years.Decision to be made at February meeting.
- Discuss/ Consider carryover spending:There may be @ $18,000. available from several years accumulation.We are considering new library tables and chairs and an accu cutter.More on this will be discussed in February.
- Discuss/ Consider participating in e-rate.Move to approve participation after receiving requirement information from SCLS by Mutchler/Palmer.MC.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
Adjournment at 7:20.
Claudine M Hanson