POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call: Present at the meeting were Fiore, Stone, Hanson, Palmer, Shappell and Director Ganz. Non voting member Linda Ross was also present. Mutchler and Koopmans were not in attendance. Because neither President Mutchler nor Vice President Koopmans were at the meeting, Secretary Hanson conducted the first portion of the meeting and Treasurer Stone led the last portion.
Certification of Proper Notice: Yes
Introduction of guest(s): None
Public Comments: None
Adoption of Agenda: Motion by Shappell/ Palmer to approve agenda. MC.
Approval of Minutes from December 12, 2017: Motion by Palmer/ Fiore to approve. MC.
Trustee Training tabled until February meeting
Treasurer’s Report: No statement has yet been received so results are the same as the end of October. Stone will go online to check records.
Current Budget Review: Final numbers are not ready but a preliminary copy was distributed.
Director’s Report: as printed.
Updates on Village Meetings On Dec 11 the board looked at the first half of Emergency Planning document. It was adopted Jan 9. A copy will be filed at the library. Two parttime police are leaving. A new fulltime police officer has been hired and will be starting soon.
Friends of the Library Report: There was no December meeting. The Friends met January 9 with no major action. They will buy snowflake glasses for the reading program. Adjusting the meeting date and time is being considered.
- Approval of vouchers for Library: Motion to approve by Shappell/ Hanson. MC with understanding Visa amount is from receipts only since no statement has yet been received.
- Strategic Plan Update: Reviewed new updates.
- Discuss/ consider Bylaw updates: Copies were distributed for review. Changed date to Jan 2018. Motion to approve by Hanson/ Stone. MC
- Discuss/ consider memorial donation: Tabled until February meeting.
- Discuss/ consider Technology Plan. It was decided no formal plan is needed, technology needs to be addressed as needed.
- Discuss/ consider education/ training: Motion by Shappell/ Palmer to approve class for Director Ganz. MC.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Adjournment at 6:55.
Respectfully submitted by Claudine Hanson