AT POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call at 7:05 PM. Present were Stone, Hanson, Mutchler, Fiore, Shappell, Koopmans and Director Ganz. Palmer was not at the meeting.
Certification of Proper Notice - yes
Introduction of guest(s) – Sue Martin from Portage Library Board and Columbia County Board
Public Comments - none
Adoption of Agenda: Motion by Shappell/Koopmans to adopt. MC.
Approval of Minutes from June 13, 2017: Motion by Hanson/Stone to approve with changes to the date of the meeting. MC.
Treasurer’s Report: $1382.50 balance
Current Budget Review as printed. Ganz feels were on track for the year.
Director’s Report as printed
Updates on Village Meetings: Fiore is the new village rep to the board. She stated in future budgets will come separately to departments instead of all together.
Friends of the Library Report – Mutchler went to the meeting. The Friends voted $1000 for our nonfiction book collection. They are waiting for direction from the Board regarding the back of the Library lot. The Boy Scout working on his Eagle badge presented them info and options about supplies for his organization project upstairs.
- Approval of Vouchers for library.Motion by Koopmans/Stone to approve.MC.
- Discuss/Consider separate banking account for the Library.Motion to approve as presented by Koopmans by Stone/Hanson.MC.An additional motion was to create a corresponding account at United Community Bank to go with the policy by Shappell/Mutchler.MC.
- Discuss/ Consider carryover spending.Motion to approve including estimates for additional electrical work up to $1,800 for updating track lighting, electricity, and the shades.Motion by Shappell/Stone.MC.
- Select budget committee:Koopmans, Stone, and Ganz.
- Discuss/ Consider Trustee Training:This will be added to the agenda with a schedule in August.
- Discuss/ Consider closing of Library for carpet cleaning to be done on the long Labor Day weekend.Motion by Koopmans/Hanson.MC.
- Discuss/Consider Years of Service Compensation.Motion to accept the Years of Service Compensation Policy for library employees by Koopmans/Stone.MC.
- Distribute Director’s evaluation document to board members.These should be completed and returned by the August meeting.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, August 8, 2017.
- Library Monthly Action Calendar distributed.
Adjournment at 7:40
Claudine Hanson, recorder