POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, July 12, 2022, at 6:00 pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call - The meeting was called to order at 6:02 PM by President Jason Koopmans. Attending the meeting were Board Members Linda Ross, Darcy Miller, Joni DeYoung, Matt Shappell, and Meghan Visger. Dave Tessmer attended virtually. Library Director Jodi Bailey was also present.
Certification of Proper Notice - Yes
Guests are Welcome to Attend - None
Public Comments - None
Adoption of Agenda - A motion to adopt the agenda was made by Shappell, seconded by Miller; Motion carried.
Approval of Minutes from June 14, 2022 Meeting - A motion to adopt the June meeting minutes as presented was made by Ross, seconded by DeYoung; Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report Presented by Treasurer Linda Ross - The library checking account at Hometown Bank has a balance of $4,817.79 as of June 30, 2022. The SCLS Foundation account has a balance of $1,698.59 as of June 30, 2022.
Current Budget Review - Director Bailey presented the budget.
Director’s Report - The 2022 Summer Reading Program is in full swing. Thank you to Katy Hanousek, the library staff, and the support of the Friends of the Library for making this well-loved community literacy program a huge success. The new Career Center near the Library’s rear entrance is now complete. Thank you to Bob Tomczak for donating his time to help create this new community resource. Two volunteers from the Friends of the Poynette Library delivered books to support our Pioneer Place community outreach. The staff attended several webinars, classes, and meetings throughout the month for planning purposes, continuing education, safety training, and community involvement.
Village of Poynette Meeting Update - Board Member DeYoung shared that TIFs and TIDs were still being discussed.
Friends of the Library Report - Director Bailey shared that the ice-cream social on June 15th was a success.
1. Approval of Vouchers for Library - Shappell made a motion to accept the vouchers as presented, seconded by Koopmans; Motion carried.
2. Discuss Solar Committee and Strategic Plan Goals - Director Bailey shared that part of the strategic plan was to explore adding solar panels on the library’s roof. A company in Madison gave an approximate amount of solar panels that would fit on the roof. Director Bailey will be meeting with the Library’s Solar Committee to discuss this further.
3. Select 2023 Budget Committee - Ross, Koopmans, Miller, and Visger volunteered to be part of the committee.
4. Summer Reading Program Ends July 31 - The Summer Reading Program enrollment continues to increase.
5. Trustee Training: August 22-26 - Miller volunteered to attend a Trustee Training in August.
6. Discuss Agenda items for the next meeting on August 9, 2022 - Business Agenda items 1, 2, and 3 will carry over, as well as any items that may arise in the meantime.
Adjournment - The meeting adjourned at 6:40 PM.
Respectively submitted by Meghan Visger, Secretary.