POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 6:07 PM by President Jeanne Mutchler. Attending the meeting were Board Members Jeanne Mutchler, Caryn Stone, Linda Ross, Matt Shappell, Ashley Zembrycki, and Doug Avery. Absent was Jason Koopmans. Director Lindsey Ganz was also present.
Certification of Proper Notice - Yes
Introduction of guest(s) - None
Public Comments - None
Adoption of Agenda – Motion to adopt the agenda by Ross, seconded by Shappell. Motion Carried.
Approval of Minutes from May 14, 2019 - Motion to approve the May 14, 2019 Meeting Minutes by Shappell, seconded by Ross. Motion Carried.
Trustee Training – Linda Ross presented the training on “Who Runs the Library”. Essentially the Library Board is responsible for control of expenditures, land, building and property. The Director is responsible for oversight, management, and supervising staff. The Board is also responsible for decisions of services: however, it is the Director that needs to carry them out.
Treasurer’s Report – The Library Account at Hometown Bank has a balance of 3,199.95 as of May 31, 2019. The SCLS Foundation Account stands at $1,647.75 as of April 30, 2019.
Current Budget Review - Director Ganz noted that the cost of newspapers has risen: there were no questions.
Director’s Report – The complete report is attached; highlights include the hiring of Brooke Foye as an LTE Program Assistant; she has already spent some time in the library to observe procedures. Due to flooding, the drywall in the basement may need to be partially replaced. As a result of meetings regarding library safety, Director Ganz has purchased a tourniquet to be included in the First Aid Kit.
Updates on Village Meetings – Little to report except for further discussion regarding the dog park at Jamieson Park.
Friends of the Library Report – The Friends will be meeting the first Tuesday of the month at 6:00 PM in the summer; may meet earlier in the winter, but no decision yet. The Friends are supporting the adult prize.
1. Discuss/ Approval of vouchers for Library – Director Ganz added the VISA bill (which had not been received at the time she printed the agenda) of $689.69 plus 64.69 and the Cintas bill of $97.42. Motion to approve the Vouchers with the addition of the VISA and Cintas bills by Avery, seconded by Ross. Motion Carried.
2. Discuss/ consider Electronic & Information Systems Policy – There was a question about texting and Facebook as they are not specifically identified. A Motion to approve the Policy with the edits that had been discussed was made by Mutchler, seconded by Shappell. Motion Carried.
3. Strategic Plan Update – Director Ganz submitted good updates and reminded the Board that the Board will start working on a new Plan in the Fall.
4. Appoint nominating committee to present slate of officers – President Mutchler informed the Board that she will be stepping down as President and leaving the Board in 2020. A Motion was made by Shappell to nominate the slate of officers with the committee as a whole, seconded by Avery. Motion Carried.
5. Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, July 9, 2019 – Item #1, as well as the appointment of officers, selection of budget committee, and other business as needed.
Adjournment at 7:16 PM
Respectfully submitted: Caryn Stone