POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call: Present were Koopmans, Palmer, Stone, Fiore. Shappell, Mutchler and Hanson were unable to attend the meeting.
Certification of Proper Notice: Yes
Introduction of guest(s): None in attendance
Public Comments: None
Adoption of Agenda: Motion to approve agenda by Palmer/Stone. MC
Approval of Minutes from May 9, 2017: Motion to approve. Motion by Stone/Koopmans. MC
Treasurer’s Report: Poynette Public Library Fund has a balance of $831.70 as of May 31, 2017. Two additional donations have been made; the SCLS Foundation sends out report after the 15th of the month so these donations will not show up until that time.
Current Budget Review: There were no questions about the budget at this time.
Director’s Report: Lindsey went over the report and described the role the Library will have at the Poynette Area Fun Festival.
Updates on Village Meetings: Nothing to report.
Friends of the Library Report: The Friends purchased the magnifying equipment and non-fiction books. They also donated $200 for summer programs and summer volunteer gifts.
- Approval of Vouchers for library. Motion to approve vouchers by Koopmans/Palmer. MC
- Strategic Plan update.Good ideas came out of the meeting and the Library seems to be on track. One area that could use some improvement is Board training and delivery of services.In the area of funding, Lindsey will be going to the County Board Meeting July 19, 2017, with Jessica from the Portage Library.They will be addressing the value of libraries to their communities with the hopes of getting the County Board to increase their funding to libraries.
- Discuss/ Consider separate banking account for the library. Tabled
- Discuss/ Consider carryover spending. Planning for this continues as bids are received for the electrical work and shades for the front windows.
- Discuss/Consider Employment Practices Policy.Motion to approve Policy to replace the 2010 policy by Koopmans/Palmer. MC
- Sign ABC Agreement (Audio Book Circuit).Motion to approve signature of Board President by Koopmans/Stone. MC
- Update Library Monthly Action Calendar.The only change will be to have consideration of the Strategic Plan on a Quarterly basis, beginning January, 2018.Motion to approve by Koopmans/Palmer. MC
- Nominate and Appoint Officers.Motion made by Palmer/Fiore to continue terms of current Board members. MC
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, July 11, 2017. Agenda for July meeting was decided upon.
Adjournment at 7:45 PM
Caryn A. Stone