POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM. All seven board members were present along with Director Ganz.
Certification of Proper Notice - Yes
Introduction of guest(s) - None
Public Comments - None
Adoption of Agenda – A motion by Ross/Koopmans to accept. MC
Approval of Minutes from Feb 13, 2018 – A motion to accept the February minutes by Ross/Palmers. MC.
Trustee Training – Claudine Hanson gave the training for this meeting on Hiring a Librarian.
Treasurer’s Report – As of January 31, 2018, the balance in checking account is $1869.72. The balance in the Foundation account on January 31, 2018, was $1524.34
Current Budget Review – As printed
Director’s Report – As printed.
Updates on Village Meetings – Village board representative, Terry Fiore, reports the Night Sky project was discussed with the result that all light will be receding. The house in the mobile home park will be gone by May 21. She brought a copy of the police annual report for the library.
Friends of the Library Report – Lindsey gave the report although she was not able to be at the meeting because she was conducting interviews for the library position. She reports Rock ‘n Wool Winery will be present at the annual meeting of the Friends of the Library.
- Approval of vouchers for Library – Motion to approve by Fiore/Hanson.MC.
- Discuss/ consider memorial donation – A framed embroidered sampler will be hung on the wall in the reading room as a memorial for deceased library board member Jenny Van Schoyck-Teeter.
- Discuss/Consider position descriptions – This will be tabled until the next meeting.
- Convene into closed session per Wi statue 19.85 (1)(c ) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility.Motion at 6:53 to go to closed session by Stone/Koopmans.MC.Motion to return to open session at 7 PM by Shappell/.Mutchler.MC.Motion by Shappell/Mutchler for Library Assistant I salary to increase immediately by $.62.MC.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, April 10.Linda Ross, Claudine Hanson and Kelly Palmer will not be at April meeting but there will still be a quorum to hold a meeting.
Adjournment – at 7:08.
Submitted by Claudine M Hanson