POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll – Stone, Hanson, Mutchler, Palmer, and Van Schoyck-Teeter were present. Koopmans and Shappell were unable to attend.
Certification of Proper Notice - Noticed
Introduction of guest(s) - None
Public Comments - None
Adoption of Agenda – Hanson/Van Schoyck-Teeter
Approval of Minutes from February 14, 2017 – Motion by Palmer/Stone to accept. MC.
Treasurer’s Report – Stone presented balance information for Endowment Fund of $824.38 on Feb 28.
Current Budget Review presented as printed.
Director’s Report – Director Ganz commented on her report.
Upates on Village Meetings – Van Schoyck-Teeter gave update on last meeting. New administrator, Martin Shank, will begin May 1.
Friends of the Library Report – Mutchler presented Friends information. There is a treasury balance of $9297.22. They would like to adjust meeting times to 6 PM during Daylight Savings Time. Friends would like input from the Library Board regarding the patio area project. More supplies are needed upstairs in the workroom.
- Approval of Vouchers for library - Van Schoyck-Teeter/Hanson motion to approve all vouchers with the exception that the Piggly Wiggly payment is not to exceed $60.00.MC
- Strategic Plan update – We will have a public overview presentation of the strategic plan in April.
- Approval to authorize SCLS to bill for adjacent county payments – Motion by Hanson/Van Schoyck-Teeter to authorize SCLS.MC
- Discuss/ Consider Endowment/ Foundation Policy – Policy revisions were completed and set aside for further editing, discussion and vote at April meeting.
- Discuss/ Consider separate banking account for the library – tabled until April meeting.
- Discuss/ Consider benefits for part time workers for 2017 – a letter has been received from Poynette village attorney which creates some questions of benefits for our permanent part time workers.Director will contact Mark at SCLS and possibly the attorney there, in addition to other libraries policies on part time worker benefits before we take further action on benefit policy at April meeting.
- Discuss/ Consider carryover spending – Discussion will resume at April meeting.
- Discuss/ Consider internet filtering and accompanying policy -motion by Hanson/Palmer to approve the updated Internet Computer Use Policy as presented. MC.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. Items 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Adjournment at 7:58 PM.