POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 6:05 P.M. by President Jeanne Mutchler. Attending the meeting were Board Members Jeanne Mutchler, Jason Koopmans, Caryn Stone, Matt Shappell, Linda Ross, Ashley Zembrycki and Doug Avery.
Director Lindsey Ganz was also present.
Certification of Proper Notice -yes
Introduction of guest(s) - none
Public Comments - none
Adoption of Agenda – Motion was made by Koopmans, seconded by Ross to adopt the Agenda for the May 14, 2019 Library Board Meeting. Motion Carried.
Approval of Minutes from March 12, 2019 – Motion was made by Ross, seconded by Mutchler to approve the Meeting Minutes from March 12, 2019. (There was no April Meeting due to a lack of quorum.) Motion Carried.
Trustee Training - None
Treasurer’s Report – As of April 30, 2019, the Library Account with Hometown Bank had a balance of $3,077.86. The SCLSF Account had a balance on March 31, 2019, of $1,611.58.
Current Budget Review – WI State Journal is no longer donated so the newspaper budget line will increase, all other line items are on budget.
Director’s Report – Due to the lack of an April Meeting, the Director’s Report dated April 9, 2019 and May 14, 2019 were both reviewed. They are attached.
Additional comments to the April Report include the good turnout for the talk by Michael Edmonds, it was well received.
Additional Comments to the May Report include: “Thanks to the Village Public Works Department for repairs they made in the library restrooms.
Director Ganz brought up the subject of going “fine free”, but after a very brief discussion it was decided to table any further discussion until more information was provided.
Updates on Village Meetings – Avery noted that the Village Board is pleased with the Library and the good communication between the Village Board and Library Board. He reported that the Village is working on setting descriptive policies for policies already in place; plans to repair 3 streets are underway; plans are under discussion to hire an intern to write grants.
Friends of the Library Report – Due to the annual speaker, there was a very brief business meeting at which time President Halverson gave a recap of the year and introduced elected officials. All are the same with the addition of Ashley Zembrycki as the Membership Secretary.
- Approval of vouchers for Library – Motion was made by Shappell, seconded by Koopmans to adopt the Vouchers for both March and April. Motion Carried.
- Discuss/ consider Electronic & Information Systems Policy – Board members are reviewing this policy section by section; Section 4 was reviewed with no comment, the rest of the policy will be reviewed at the June meeting.
- Discuss/ consider office remodel project – The thought was to use some of the Library carry-over for this project but the bid came in quite high. It was decided to look into assistance from SCLS as well as the Village staff before any decisions are made.
- Discuss/ consider LTE position – Director Ganz presented the idea of hiring an intern for the LTE position of 3 hours a month (one Saturday) to assist with Story time. The idea was well received with the hope that additional time could be added if funding was available. The Motion was made by Shappell, seconded by Avery to create the new LTE position. Motion Carried.
- Convene into closed session per Wi Statute 19.85(1)(c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility Motion was made at 6:05PM by Shappell, seconded by Mutchler to go into closed session. A roll Call vote was held. All Aye’s, Motion Carried.
- LTE Position
- Director Evaluation
- Return to open session – Motion made by Mutchler, seconded by Koopmans to return to Open Session at 7:18PM, Motion Carried.
- Possible discussion/ action taken – There was none.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 – A this time, Items 1 and 2 will be carried forward with the possible addition of more as the need arises.
Adjournment – at 7:24 PM.
Respectfully Submitted by Caryn Stone