POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM. Attending the meeting were board members Koopmans, Mutchler, Fiore, Palmer, Roth, Stone, Hanson and Director Ganz. Shappell did not attend the meeting.
Certification of Proper Notice - Yes
Introduction of guest(s) - None
Public Comments - None
Adoption of Agenda – A motion to accept agenda by Fiore/Koopmans. MC.
Approval of Minutes from March 13, 2018 was made by Palmer/Stone. MC. There was no April meeting because there was not a quorum.
Trustee Training – Director Ganz presented trustee training on building strong Friends of the Library group. This includes suggestions for recruiting and invigorating with what/when information for Baby Boomers, Millennials, and branching out to find new members. She included some suggestions to encourage new members also.
Treasurer’s Report – As of May 1, 2018, the balance in checking account is $1505.14. The balance in the Foundation account is $1468.20.
Current Budget Review – As printed
Director’s Report – As printed.
Updates on Village Meetings – Fiore reports that the board is getting bids for new garbage contract and will be razing the Kohn house if he hasn’t. She also updated us on the Mill Street project and Night Sky project.
Friends of the Library Report – Ganz included this as part of Trustee Training. The Friends approved $3000 for nonfiction teen and nonfiction adult books as well as $350 for the summer performers and supplies.
- Approval of vouchers for Library – Motion to approve by Koopmans/Hanson.MC.
- Approval to authorize SCLS to bill for adjacent country payments:Motion to approve by Hanson/Palmer .MC.
- Discuss/ consider position descriptions: Some changes were made.A revised copy will be presented at the June meeting.
- Appoint nominating committee to present slate of officers: Mutchler made a motion to have the slate of current president, vice president and treasurer but find a person for the secretary position in June.Motion by Fiore.MC.There will also be consideration of combining the secretary and treasurer position.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, June 12, 2018.
Adjournment – at 7:50
Submitted by Claudine M Hanson