AT POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call at 7:05 PM. Present were Stone, Hanson, Mutchler, Palmer, and Koopmans. Fiore and Shappell were not at the meeting.
Certification of Proper Notice - yes
Introduction of guest(s) - none
Public Comments - none
Adoption of Agenda: Motion by Hanson/Koopmans to adopt. MC.
Approval of Minutes from April 11, 2017: Motion by Stone/Palmer to approve. MC.
Treasurer’s Report: $825.05 balance
Current Budget Review as printed
Director’s Report as printed
Updates on Village Meetings: No update. Van Schoyck-Teeter not at meeting. New village rep to Library Board will be Terry Fiore.
Friends of the Library Report – no report
- Approval of Vouchers for library.Motion by Koopmans/Hanson to approve.MC
- Strategic Plan update will be changed to quarterly.
- Discuss/ Consider possible third Columbia County Board Rep: A letter will be sent to Columbia County that we choose to remain at seven members – 3 from the village, 2 county reps, 1 village board appointment, and 1 school district representative.
- Discuss/ Consider separate banking account for the library:discussed various conditions so will be completed at June meeting.
- Discuss/ Consider carryover spending:Committee brought updates to purchase possibilities for decisions at a future meeting.
- Discuss/ Consider Employment Practices Policy:to be updated and decided in June.
- Appoint nominating committee to present slate of officers:Board will become the nominating committee as a whole for June meeting.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, June 13, 2017. Items 1, 2, 4, and 6 will be brought forward to June meeting.
Adjournment at 7:28
Claudine Hanson, recorder