POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING MINUTES Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 6:00 P.M. Attending the meeting were Board Members Linda Ross, Jason Koopmans, Jeanne Mutchler, Matt Shappell, Terri Fiore, Kelly Palmer, and Ashley Zembrycki. Director Lindsey Ganz was also present. Caryn Stone sent regrets, was not present.
Certification of Proper Notice – Yes.
Introduction of Guest(s) – None.
Public Comments – None.
Adoption of Agenda – A motion to adopt the agenda was made by Ross, seconded by Palmer; Motion Carried.
Approval of Minutes from October 9, 2018 – A motion to adopt the October Meeting Minutes made by Ross, seconded by Koopmans, Motion Carried.
Trustee Training – Scheduled to resume in February, 2019, following holidays, etc. The sign-up sheet was circulated, topics were chosen by remaining Board Members.
Treasurer’s Report – The balance in the Library checking account was $2,109.98 as of 10/31/2018 with a deposit made in the amount of $351.27 and the SCLS Foundation account balance was $1,442.16 as of 10/31/2018.
Current Budget Review – Presented by Director Ganz, and is on track.
Director’s Report – $94.47 raised towards Pumpkin Fundraiser to benefit SCLS Foundation. Director Ganz and Vicki Teal Lovely of SCLS submitted application for TEACH Infrastructure Grant, to utilize towards equipment purchases; Poynette Library could qualify for e-credit, and SCLS pays for a portion as well. Director Ganz acquired quotes from Gordon-Flesch for cost comparison w/ Rhyme for Library copier/scanner needs. Meetings: attended Friends Oct. meeting, met with Lowville (received check in amount of $2,500.) also WLA ‘To Fine or Not to Fine’, and discussed new incorporations to Library Collections, such as Vinyl Records. Dec. Events: Santa & Mrs. Claus, Family Movie & Read Event. Director Ganz and Librarian Katy are considering revisions to Collection Policy.
Updates on Village Board Meeting – Terri Fiore reports the Budget was approved, and alternate parking shall commence November 15, 2018.
Friends of the Library Report – Zembrycki attended, progress with Silent Auction discussed, considered processes that work, and noted suggestions for next year. Cookie Bake Sale: packaging options were discussed at length, a cost effective and efficient solution was found. Meetings will not be held for December, 2018 or February, 2019. The Friends also requested Board Members be made aware, the Friends plan to seek options for safety improvements to benefit Library Patrons and Staff at the back entrance. (i.e. improved lighting, camera system) Further discussion planned to decide whether to fundraise for such improvements, and/or seek funding from Village Board.
Budget Committee Report – no meeting.
- Approval of Voucher for Library – A motion to approve the vouchers was made by Shappell, seconded by Zembrycki, Motion carried.
- Discuss/consider employee evaluation – Reviewed, discussed, agreed to review final version at next meeting, following proofreading, copy editing, etc.
- Discuss/consider paperless options – Policies to be discussed.
Also, specific Trustee Gmail accounts/passwords were set up by Director Ganz, assigned to those that need them. Ganz also suggested the creation of a policy to be applied for passing Trustee Emails to subsequent/future Trustees, and archiving email interactions to be in accordance with Public Record Laws. Emails in Trustee associated accounts should never be deleted. Fiore also mentioned that, as a reminder, Board Members should refrain from correspondence pertaining to future Employee Evaluations via Email, to remain in accordance with laws.
- Discuss/consider copier replacement – Reviewed product/pricing for Rhyme and Gordon Flesch. Surmised both companies are fairly comparable, not a notable price difference. Board Members agreed, final decision to be left at Director Ganz’s discretion. Ganz plans to go with leasing option. Ganz and Koopmans also noted, SCLS will ensure current copier’s hard drive is properly cleared to protect Library Patron’s personal information. Fiore will inquire if Village would be interested in old copier.
- Discuss/consider 2019 Budget – Budget was approved by Village, no changes were made.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, December 11, 2018.
Adjournment – Meeting adjourned at 7:30 P.M.
Respectively submitted by Ashley Zembrycki.