POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call: Meeting was called to order at 6:02. Members present were Matt Shappell, Jason Koopmans, Caryn Stone, Kelly Palmer, Jeanne Mutchler, and Terry Fiore. Claudine Hanson came late. Director Lindsey Ganz was also present.
Certification of Proper Notice: Yes
Introduction of guest(s): None
Public Comments: None
Adoption of Agenda: Motion by Koopmans, Palmer to accept agenda, MC.
Approval of Minutes from October 10, 2017: Motion by Shappell, Fiore to accept. MC
Trustee Training: Kelly Palmer presented Trustee Training for November. This training centers on what Wisconsin needs to do to secure Congressional funding. Libraries fill in gaps due to lack of schools, need to promote libraries, unifying message. Certain words can improve image. Libraries are education.
Treasurer’s Report: A new library donation account for restricted and unrestricted funds has been opened at the local bank. Any old accounts have been closed. A balance of $488.86 is in the new account as of 11-14-2017. The Foundation balance is $1,423.01.
Current Budget Review: As printed.
Director’s Report: As printed.
Updates on Village Meetings: Fiore updated on Village Board actions and discussions about activity. The final budget meeting is expected to be Nov 20.
Friends of the Library Report: The Silent Auction is in progress. Santa plans are being finalized for December. The group is looking for a new treasurer. The Friends will cover half the cost of the November author coming to the library.
- Approval of Vouchers for Library:Motion by Shappell/Koopmans to approve.MC.
- Strategic Plan Update:as presented.We will add more information on staff development.
- Discuss/ Consider 2018 Budget:Approval will be delayed until the final budget from the village comes to us in December.
- Discuss/ Consider approval of Resolution to authorize transfer of funds: Motion by Shappell/Koopmans to approve transfer of $1281 for electrical work and $$6941 for shades.A Roll Call vote was taken with 6 yes votes to approve unanimously. Palmer had already left the meeting at the time of the Roll Call vote.
- Discuss/ Consider carryover spending:This will be reviewed in December. Plans are for any carryover to be applied to new furniture for the library.
- Discuss/ Consider Bylaw Updates:Tabled until December meeting.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Adjournment at 7:18
Submitted by Caryn Stone and Claudine Hanson