POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, October 19, 2021, at 6:00 pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call - The meeting was called to order at 6:02 PM by President Jason Koopmans.
Attending the meeting were Board Members Jason Koopmans, Joni DeYoung, Linda Ross, and Darcy Miller. Board Members Dave Tessmer and Matt Shappell attended virtually. Meghan Visger was absent. Library Director Jodi Bailey was also present.
Certification of Proper Notice - Yes
Guests are Welcome to Attend - No Guests in attendance.
Public Comments - No comments.
Adoption of Agenda - A motion to adopt the agenda was made by Ross, seconded by Miller; Motion carried.
Approval of Minutes from September 14, 2021 Meeting - A motion to adopt the Sept. meeting minutes was made by Ross, seconded by Koopmans; Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report Presented by Treasurer Linda Ross - The library checking account at Hometown Bank has a balance of $4,363.74 as of Sept. 30, 2021. The SCLS Foundation account has a balance of $1,993.13 as of Sept. 30, 2021.
Current Budget Review - Director Bailey presented the budget.
Director’s Report - The library was closed Sat., Sept. 4th to have the carpets professionally cleaned and Mon., Sept. 6th in honor of Labor Day. Library staff was excited to kick-off our fun lineup of Fall programming, beginning with our Plant Swap! Kelly Anderson and Jodi Bailey have been working on applications for several grant opportunities. A question was asked about the purchase of four (4) Launchpads to enhance our STEAM collection. Director Bailey noted that funds remaining in the 2021 Equipment budget will be used for this purchase.
Village of Poynette Oct. 11th Budget Meeting - Board Member DeYoung shared that there will be a Fall Clean-Up Day this Sat., October 23rd. The library’s 2022 Budget was presented to the Village Board along with other Village Department budgets.
Friends of the Library meeting was held on Oct. 5th, however, Director Bailey was unable to attend. After the meeting the Friends hosted a Colonial Tea Party for attendees.
1. Discuss/Approval of Vouchers for Library - A motion to approve the October vouchers as presented was made by DeYoung, seconded by Koopmans; Motion carried.
2. Budget Committee Update - Director Bailey attended the Oct. 11 Budget meeting. The Poynette Village Board had no questions or concerns regarding the library’s proposed 2022 Budget.
3. Discuss PAPL’s 80th Anniversary Open House on Oct. 15th - Director Bailey shared the ribbon-cutting ceremony in the pergola was lovely. Many community members stopped by throughout the day to show their support. Several monetary donations were received and very much appreciated.
4. Discuss/review updated Circulation Policy to include “Fines Free” language - Director Bailey presented the updated policy for Board discussion. Ross made a motion to adopt the policy with Oct. 19 date updated, Miller seconded; Motion carried.
5. Discuss/consider Library solar project – Director Bailey and Board Member Tessmer had no updates to discuss at this time.
6. Discuss/consider Bookmobile for future Library outreach - Director Bailey shared the committee has applied for several grant opportunities and will continue working on options for obtaining an outreach vehicle. Supply chain delivery concerns have significantly narrowed our options.
7. Preparing for Director’s Annual Performance Evaluation – Director Bailey emailed an evaluation document to the Board. President Koopmans requested Trustees rate with “Meets” or “Does not meet” for each performance standard. Completed evaluations should be returned to Koopmans before the November 9th Board meeting.
8. Discuss Agenda items for the next meeting on Nov. 9, 2021 - Business Agenda items 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 (Closed Session to review Director evaluation materials) will carry over, as well as any items that may arise in the meantime.
Adjournment - The meeting adjourned at 6:32 PM.
Respectively submitted by: Jodi Bailey, Library Director