POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 6:00 P.M. by President Jeanne Mutchler. Attending the meeting were Board Members Jeanne Mutchler, Jason Koopmans, Caryn Stone, Matt Shappell, Kelly Palmer, Teri Fiori, Linda Ross, and Ashley Zembrycki. Director Lindsey Ganz was also present.
Certification of Proper Notice - Yes
Introduction of guest(s) – None.
Public Comments - None
Adoption of Agenda – A motion to adopt the agenda was made by Koopmans, seconded by Palmer; Motion Carried.
Approval of Minutes from August 14, 2018 - A motion to adopt the August Meeting Minutes made by Ross, seconded by Koopmans; Motion Carried.
Trustee Training – None.
Treasurer’s Report –, The balance in the Library checking account was $2,108.91 as of August 1, 2018 and the SCLS Foundation account balance was $1,512.70 as of July 31, 2018.
Current Budget Review – Director Ganz reviewed the budget which is on track as presented.
Director’s Report – Director Ganz presented her Report electronically, which went well and was well received. Some of the usage data from SCLS seems to have been lost so the numbers reported are inaccurate. In reality, they are higher than the figures SCLS sent to us.
Updates on Village Meetings – Teri Fiore updated the Board on the Village capital projects and reported that on Sept.10, 2018, the Village Board approved the revised
and updated Safety Plan, last done in 2007.
Friends of the Library Report – Chloe Benjamin, a local author, has been contacted to be a future guest author. The Friends are looking for volunteers to help with the Silent Auction and their cookie sale.
Budget Committee Report – In progress, pending additional information.
- Approval of vouchers for Library - A motion to approve the August vouchers was made by Koopmans, seconded by Ross; Motion Carried.
- Strategic Plan Update – Director Ganz reviewed the updates, which are in line with the Plan.
- Discuss/ consider formulation of employee evaluation committee – It was agreed that the current form needs to be updated.Mutchler, Stone, and Shappell agreed to be the committee to work on revisions.
- Convene into closed session per WI Statute 19.85(1)(c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance data pf any public employee over which the government body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility –Not needed.
- Return to Open Session – Not needed.
- Discuss/ consider Possible Action from closed session – Not needed.
- Discuss/ consider 2019Preliminary Budget – The Board reviewed the Preliminary Budget as presented to the Village Board with a salary increase for the Director included. A motion to approve the Preliminary Budget was made by Fiore, seconded by Koopmans; Motion Carried.
- Discuss/ consider updates to Library – Library Tour.- Director Ganz showed us around the Library space with comments about specific updates as identified by the staff that could be incorporated. These include closing up the pass-through to provide more book space in the children’s area; the need for more shelving so that collections can be kept together; good signage; and major renovations to the office area to provide more storage, workspace, and a “break” area for staff. The Board advised Director Ganz to proceed with some design ideas and cost estimates.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, October 9, 2018 – Done
Adjournment – Meeting adjourned at 7:36 P.M.
Respectively submitted by Caryn Stone.