AT POYNETTE AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, Sep 12, 2017 at 6:00pm
Poynette Area Public Library
Call to Order and Roll Call at 7 PM. Present were Stone, Hanson, Mutchler, Palmer, Shappell, and Director Ganz. Koopmans and Fiore were not at the meeting.
Certification of Proper Notice - yes
Introduction of guest(s) – none
Public Comments - none
Adoption of Agenda: Motion by Palmer/Mutchler to adopt. MC.
Approval of Minutes from August meeting: Motion by Palmer/Stone to include Palmer in attendance at August meeting. MC.
Trustee Training – Not this month
Treasurer’s Report: $1400.86 balance on 7-31-17
Current Budget Review as printed.
Director’s Report as printed
Updates on Village Meetings: Fiore sent a printed report.
Friends of the Library Report – Friends have sent post cards regarding upcoming volunteer activities. A volunteer is needed to become the secretary.
- Approval of Vouchers for library.Motion by Shappell/Hanson to approve vouchers.MC.
- Discuss/Consider carryover spending:Martin Shanks recommends we do a single resolution to transfer a sum of money in January regarding carryover funds.Ganz showed possible furniture choices to purchase.
- Discuss/ Consider approval of Resolution to authorize transfer of funds: This is tabled until the final billing for shades and electrical work is presented.
- Discuss/Consider OCI Project to scan yearbooks.Motion by Palmer/Stone to accept offer by OCI to scan 1950-1988 books at no charge.
- Discuss/ Consider 2018 Preliminary Budget: Ganz updated regarding preliminary changes. She expects to have budget complete in October. Motion by Stone/Palmer to accept budget recommendations.MC.
- Discuss/ Consider Updates to Checking Account Policy and SCLS Foundation Policy: Motion by Hanson/Stone to approve changes in Policy Section 3 last line and Section 5d. MC.
- Discuss Agenda items for next meeting on Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
Adjournment at 7:40
Claudine Hanson, recorder