CIRCULATION AND USE OF MATERIALS
- All users must possess a valid library card to borrow materials. Library cards are free to residents of the villages of Poynette and Arlington and the townships of Dekorra, Arlington, Leeds and Lowville. Cards from libraries within the South Central Library System will be honored. Lost cards will be replaced for $1.
- Books and audiobooks may be borrowed for 28 days. (Exception: recent additions will be placed on a special shelf and limited to 14-day loan.) Magazines and music CDs circulate for 14 days. Videos (DVDs and Blu-Rays) circulate for 7 days.
- Poynette Area Public Library is “Fines Free” as of October 12, 2021. Patron accounts will not be fined for any items checked out at Poynette Library that are returned late. Old charges stemming from overdue materials will be removed from your account.
- Materials lost or damaged must be paid for by the borrower. Charges will be the cost of replacement established by the owning library. Previous charges on your account from old lost or damaged materials will remain on your account.
- Late fines will be applied to Outer Library Loans (OLLs), which are materials we request from outside of our library system ($0.10/day up to a max of $3 for each book or magazine; video fines are $1/day up to a max of $7). Other systems are doing us a favor by lending these items, so we want to respect their lending periods.
- Notification of overdue items shall be done by email, text message or U.S. mail. Village of Poynette Ordinance No. 93-247 pertains to the theft and /or unlawful retention of library materials (see appendix).
- Persons with lost materials and/or outstanding fines over $20 will be encouraged upon checkout to make a partial payment. Computer use privileges may be revoked by Poynette Area Public Library until items are returned and/or all fines or replacement costs are paid.
Adopted by the Poynette Area Public Library Board of Trustees 10-04-1993.
Amended 09-03-1996, 02-02-1999, 06-06-2000, 02-09-2010, 04-13-2021, 10-19-2021.